Last weekend was not a too bad week, besides the lack of sleep and the fact that I got stung by a wasp for the first time. Made quite a few new friends during the trip and enjoyed it overall. Well, these are the stuff I experienced and learned during the field trip.
1. Got stung by a wasp
2. Walked in mud.
3. Sampled animal's poo.
4. Digging soil and sampled invertebrates
5. Learned about different shell types.
6. Identifying bird by their calls.
7. Finally saw a real kiwi bird.
8. Manage to catch a cricket for my insect collection.
9. Bush bashing.
The field trip was really fun. Hoped that there will be more field trips like this for the rest of my papers.
Now, time for updates.
I've been upstage for two weeks now and I actually liked the feeling to be on stage but that's just because I am shadowing. Not too sure when I am going to need to start instructing next time.
Farm Trip.
The weekend before last week, OCF organized a farm trip to the Mudford family in Woodville, and I gained a lot of new experienced too.
1. Milked the cows (with milking machines of course. There's 400 cows to milk so it will take forever to milk with hands, and my hands were covered with poo)
2. Ride a horse ( use to ride the horse at the zoo where there will be someone pulling the horse around. Same this time but I get to go faster, more than just strolling and it was fun.)
3. Chase the cows!! ( got them to go back to the milking sheds and on the way, get to see them poo and pee while walking. Yuck!!)
4. Danced ( learn quite a few oldies dance or cowboy dance and it was tiring!! )
5. Built an electric fence ( I realized being a farmer is not an easy job! Building the fence itself took so much energy and that's just to make sure the fence was in a straight line ain't easy)
I've took lots of video for the dance but yet to upload it and will do that when I am 'free'. =D
Cheers!!
2 comments:
sample animal poo..?
=.='
Miss u leh!!
yah cool right???.. lol.. their meaning of sampling means counting only.. lol
miss you too!!!
Post a Comment