Friday, April 16, 2010

Update (Probably It's Time Now)

Yes! I know I've been lazy. Never 'free' to come scribble rubbish lately (about 2 months now).
Lots had happened the past 2 months - coming back and settling down in the new flat, visa problems, combat instructing, studies, Easter camp, blackwater rafting/Auckland trip and holidays.

Was really busy when I just got back to NZ. Started to unpack all the boxes, going here and there buying house necessities, furniture, groceries, etc. Took about 2 weeks to settle down and getting the internet going. It's really hard flatting out with a few friends. Hard as in changing the personal lifestyle into cooperating with flatmates. I've been so use to living alone that I don't need to follow schedules. I just do whatever I want and whenever. Flatting out means weekly cleaning, groceries, cooking, paying bills and having dinner together. I am not complaining here but thought it is a really good experience. I learn how to tolerate, help each other, take the bus to uni (but I still drive once in a while =) ), manage the flat's finances, save power (never use to off lights when I was staying on campus but now the flat is always very dark) and throw rubbish? LOL! But yes, flatting is awesome!!

Now, about my studies. Having a little trouble this semester. Taking three 300-level papers and one 200-level. All 300-level papers are core papers, that meaning I will need to pass all including the other one. I've been told that if I do not pass all of them, I will have problem getting my next visa which will due in July. This semester the immigration office only gave me 6 months visa because I did not do well last year. I am really worried about this. I do not want to go back not finishing my studies or rather I do not want to go back at all. Please pray that I will be able to stay here, meaning passing my papers. I believe that He will do what is best for me and I will promise to work hard.

After six weeks of uni, it is time for holiday!! Easter break! This year's Easter camp was awesome. The best I've ever been to. It was held in Riverdale, Masterton, about two hours south from Palmy. It was at a christian campsite. Easter camp used to be held in marae the past few years that I've attended but this year the leaders decided to do something different. The speaker was great. Although it was all basic information about what is easter and what God did for us, it saved seven people from the camp, including two close friends of mine. It was such a joyful day that I will never forget. It felt like the day I received Christ as my Savior. I was speechless and could not control my tears. It was tears of joy! God's present was so strong, so strong that I could feel it right there. Thank You.


Few days after camp, a couple of us went blackwater rafting at Waitomo Caves. It was the best ever adventure I've tried and NZD 198 was so worth paying. It was a three hour adventure, starting with abseiling and four other activities which I could not remembered what they were called. There were jumping off a cliff into the water (with a float of course), going through 'holes' and climbing up waterfalls. It was cold and tiring but all eight of us manage to come out safely. The next day was a trip to Auckland with Chris and ZY. The rest went to Taupo for fishing.

I stayed for four days with the initial plan to look for a new car and also going to the Les Mills Gym. The car hunting failed just because I did not want to miss the gym classes. I made the right decision going to Auckland. I was struggling as an instructor too because my numbers was the lowest among all other classes. It is definitely my method of teaching or maybe because I am Asian (whatever~). I was inspired by the experienced instructors in Auckland. They were the Master Instructors for Body Combat, Dan and Rach Cohen, DVD presenters and Module Instructors. Also, classes there are like 100 times better than where I am teaching now but I can't compare these two places. Being in their class showed me how to instruct better. I will never be like them but I can be myself. Each of us have our own individual method. Yesterday was my first class since I got back from Auckland. I tried new stuff in class, made the class fun, sang along a few songs (I can't sing) push the participants hard and also mixed the few best tracks. It was awesome!! I got great comments by the end of class. I am so glad and all I want to do is thank YOU!

The next few weeks will be crucial. I will need to focus a LOT on my studies and I will need the strength from God. Please pray for me that I will be able to concentrate, stop procrastinating, slacking and giving excuses. Pray that I get the wisdom of understanding in whatever I am studying. Thank you.
 

2 comments:

JJ said...

glad that all is going well so far (:
i'm going to yr body combat class tmrw! hehe...
and good luck for the upcoming times. (:

Mel said...

Now, am HAPPY coz' u updated ur blog after so so so so so so the very long!!!!
Arrrhhh, now I know ur updates in one post-kan bagus!!!
I'm glad ur doing all good with the combat classes, new place to stay n what not..But most important of all-make sure u pass ur exam and I will definately make sure i pass my CLP so i can fly to NZ and find u leh after OCT..hahahaha
Take care & Miss u =)